This June 24th – July 7th 2014 The Rolling Academy will depart on an incredible adventure of discovery for it’s 7th consecutive summer. The experience is a unique opportunity for students to get up close and personal involvement with the topics of study.
Our goal as Rolling Academy Staff is for the students to walk away from this journey with not only a better knowledge of the places and sights seen, but also a better understanding of one’s self. Students will be challenged and grow as they are asked to step out of what is comfortable and known to examine and experience things that are unfamiliar to them.
” Day three of our journey found us all standing on a dock with a long, thin, unstable looking crew boat waiting for us. Rowing that boat was one of the biggest challenges I had to overcome, not because the movements were hard to master but because I had to trust the people in front of me and the people behind me were doing their jobs. I coundn’t do it alone.” 2012 Rolling Academy Student
The Rolling Academy is for any Watauga County youth currently in grades 9-11 who are enthusiastic to learn more about the world around them and grow as future leaders. All students who are interested are encouraged to apply!
The application process includes the following:
The Online Application Form:
1.) Personal Information
2.) 3 Personal References
* Student will need to supply us with name, email and phone number of each of their references
* References will be contacted by Rolling Academy staff via email
* Each form will be completed by student’s reference online
3.) Three Written Responses.
* After completion of the online form and the references students will be contacted by the Rolling Academy Scholarship Committee.
* Students will be asked to talk about themselves and express why they would like to be a member of the 2014 expedition. We recommend students come to their interview dressed business casual.
* This will take place after the application deadline March 14th at 11pm.
Students selected for the Academy will receive a scholarship for the trip and will be notified by Friday, April 4th.
If you would like to begin the online application, be sure you have the names of your three references and email addresses before beginning.